It provides you with details about the types of personal data that we collect from you, how we use your personal data and the rights you have to control our use of your personal data. This policy applies regardless of how the Website is accessed and will cover any technologies or devices by which we make the Website available to you.
Who we are
We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal data you provide to us in accordance with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulations of April 2016, as updated from time to time, and all other applicable privacy laws.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us by any of the following means:
- phone us on: +44 7802 533414 (open 9am to 5pm);
- e-mail us at: email@example.com or
We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use this Website or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
The personal data we collect about you
If you use this Website to gather or exchange information about our services, we may collect the following information about you:
- your name;
- your business postal addresses, phone (including mobile phone), and e-mail details;
- where you have registered with us, your user name and password;
- your communication preferences; and
- your interests, feedback and survey responses; and
We may also collect some or all of the above personal data about you when you access and browse this Website, including when you sign up to receive our newsletters.
How we may store and use your information
We may collect, store and process your personal data:
- to make this Website available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes;
- to maintain any registered account that you hold with us;
- with your agreement, to contact you (including by SMS, push and e-mail) about products and services which we think may interest you;
- for client satisfaction and market research purposes;
- to provide our goods and services to you and for associated purposes, including verifying your identity;
- for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administrative purposes; and
- for any related purposes, or where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (including for crime and fraud prevention and related purposes).
In addition, we may collect anonymised details about visitors to our Website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details that we collect for these purposes.
We will not disclose, sell or rent your personal data to any third party.
In the event that a third party acquires all or part of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your personal data to that third party in connection with the acquisition. We may also disclose your personal data where necessary to comply with applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body.
Targeted updates and marketing
If you have agreed that we can contact you for marketing purposes, we may send you emails and other communications relating to products and services which we think will be of interest and relevance to you as an individual. We do this by monitoring the browsing habits of clients and providing them with information on products they have viewed and related products.
What are cookies?
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:-
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our website, particularly in relation to transmitting information online;
- To enable us to collect information about the browsing habits and activities of clients;
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use.
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off.
We use Internet standard encryption technology ("SSL" or "Secure Socket Layer" technology) to encode personal data that you send to us when providing us with information through the Website. To check that you are in a secure area of the Website before sending personal data to us, please look at the bottom right of your website browser and check that it displays an image of a closed padlock or an unbroken key
However, please note that whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal data that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the Internet to us.
If you are using a computer or terminal in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session for your security. In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety:
- Keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your passwords.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
We will never ask you to confirm any account details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from us asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10);
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details specified above. However, if you wish to unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications that we send you, you can most easily do this by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail we have sent to you.
Updates to this policy
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org